Translate

Monday, October 25, 2010

Uncharted seas

 

Well another game of uncharted seas was played last night at Britt, as always he wrote the after action report and i took the pictures.

This was our first large battle of ‘Uncharted Seas”. My Sanlando Marine (Shroud Mage) had 825 points while Greg’s Iron Dwarf’s had 830. Both sides had 7 squadrons of Flagships, Battleships, light & heavy cruisers, frigates and submarines. Greg also had some Destroyers. We played on a 4’ x 4’ blue painted board with a couple of small islands and a rock pillar for terrain.  

There was far too much action to easily record. Greg’s rockets from his destroyers pasted my Lt Cruisers from long range. My western frigate squadron sunk a Dwarf Frigate & I had an early success sinking another Dwarf Frigate & a Cruiser. I got my lumps as well though. The Iron Dwarf Battleship caused my Heavy Cruisers some grief while his Frigates scuttled about everywhere. My cries for “more steam” (& its + 2” MP) went largely unanswered ( I couldn’t roll a 5 or 6). I guess it all went to the cook to steam the veggies. When it does work however, it’s a thing of beauty. My Flagship was able to ram the Dwarf Battleship and capture it. Meanwhile, while I was victorious in the east, disaster was the story in the west. My much vaunted submarine attack on Greg’s flagship hardly bothered the paintwork. My own Cruisers were taking a heavy pounding & his subs flamed my Cruiser. Soon most of my Frigates were lost with all hands. The Dwarf submarine attack was also much more successful than mine. Ships on both sides continued to slip beneath the waves, but a pattern was developing. Greg held the west of the bay, me the east. Our 6th turn had long since passed, so we decided to call it a draw at that point.

Tonight’s game was far bloodier than previous ones. 800 points is just about perfect for a nights game for 2 players, and as battle fatigue set in, I was having a hard time just controlling 7 units. The combination of the visual aspect of the games large models, clean & fast playing rules, and a good opponent in Greg made for a very enjoyable nights game. I’m looking forward to playing many more games of Uncharted Seas in the near future.

   Next week we’ll have another 800 point game of Uncharted Seas. Anyone who’d like to, come on out then. I’ll teach you the rules & put you in command of a squadron. “Death to the Iron Dwarfs”!

 

uncharted seas 001uncharted seas 002uncharted seas 003uncharted seas 004uncharted seas 005uncharted seas 006uncharted seas 007uncharted seas 008uncharted seas 009uncharted seas 010uncharted seas 011uncharted seas 012uncharted seas 013uncharted seas 014uncharted seas 015uncharted seas 016uncharted seas 017uncharted seas 018uncharted seas 019uncharted seas 020uncharted seas 021uncharted seas 022

hope your dice roll high

Regards

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment